Thursday, January 3, 2013

Moldy, Moldy, Windows

Well, I am only on to my third post, and already it may be rightly said that I am neglecting my blog. So be it. It turns out that there is only 24 hours in a day, and up until the last two months of my life, that has never been a problem. Not once. Now I find that I must rush from task to task, and there is never enough time to finish all of them. Oftentimes, by the end of the day, I get so frazzled I resemble one of those crazy people you see on street corners wearing sandwich boards that say things like "Repent! The Apocalypse is nigh!"



I also had a really great post whipped up about my blog worlds colliding (it was FULL of Seinfeld references, for those of you who remember that happening to George), because I was in Alaska, at the site of the Temporary Hermitage, writing about something else. But then I forgot my camera with all the pictures in Anchorage. And then I forgot it in Anchorage AGAIN when I flew to Portland. Woe is me, waily wail, I lose. 

So much to catch up on. I got my first tenant! And I quickly celebrated by making the moldy moldy bathroom unusable. It all started because taking a shower in this house is like getting peed on from a great height in a windstorm by somebody who has been stranded in the desert and is dying of dehydration. What I'm trying to say is that the water pressure is less than ideal. My solution was to strip the paint off the moldy moldy window. If the logic of that move escapes you, then don't be surprised, it escapes me also. But you know what they say, hindsight is 20/20. It really made sense at the time. In my defense, that window was fucking disgusting. Observe.


So I stripped that baby down. After like 8 hours and 10 layers of paint I was down to wood. On about 1 percent of the window. 



So I gave up and painted it. Does it look good? No, it does not. Is it a moldy moldy window? No, it is not. Overall, I declare victory. 



So now the shower still sucks and there is no shower curtain because I broke the rod while fiddling with the window. My mission to make the shower work is, all in all, a gigantic, resounding success. Hopefully the new roomie doesn't realize what he's gotten himself into until I get that rent check. 

The good news is that T Rex actually knows what she's doing. When she works on the yard, it actually looks better. It's the strangest damn thing. Here is the remains of a Mayan temple she found:


She also attacked an ivy stump and dug a big pit around in in hopes of being able to rip it out, but she completely destroyed one of her T Rex arms in the process. Woe is her, waily wail, the stump wins.


Also, did you guys realize how many pictures of cats there are on the internet? I'm just discovering this.  Happy 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment